When I moved into my current house, there was a lot of work to be done. One tiny piece of that was to remove / replace a long since broken trash compactor in the kitchen. As one of the first projects I undertook in my wood shop, I tried to build a replacement. It was… fragile, and is no longer with us. So, I’ve just finished designing Trash Trolly Mk. II using what I’ve learned about furniture making since then to make it considerably more sturdy. Here’s what I’ve got:
This uses a combination of mortis & tenon, lap, dovetail, and bridle joints to provide a sturdy frame which should be able to resist being dragged around the kitchen, and then a nice facade to match the rest of the cabinetry. Hopefully, this one lasts longer than the first one did!